This 24-hour, highly skilled staffed home uses current home environment terminologies such as “home’ for “facility”, “living room” for “the lobby”, “move in and move out” for “admission and discharge” and the standard protocol of addressing members of the home according to their preference to ensure the “home away from home” type of living environment. Rooms (private or shared) within the home are decorated according to each house member’s/families taste and preference. Home-style nutritious meals are served at a six-person -seated dinning table with china plates, cutlery, and cups. Our breakfast is served from 7am to 10am, lunch from 11:30 am to lpm and dinner is served at 5pm. If needed, personal assistance with bathing, dressing, oral hygiene and grooming and with medication is provided.
[slickr-flickr set="72157626764146666" items="5" type="slideshow"]
In-house activities designed to keep house members active, productive and enhance areas of interest and skill sets are provided. Occasionally performers are invited to provide entertainment for the house members. JARBOE House can arrange for members of the home to attend preferred recreational activities with a written consent signed by the member of the home and his or her family.
Families with loved ones residing at JARBOE House are re-assured by our qualitative care design that their family members are safe, well taken care of, respected, and that the continuity of their good or even better living style is assured.
- 50 years and above
- Male or female
- Independently ambulatory or with care
- 24-hour services, 7 days a week semi-independent residential setting
- 4:1 resident to staff ratio
- Meal preparation (meals are made to order)
- Breakfast: 7 AM – 10AM; Lunch: 11:30AM -1PM ; Dinner: 5PM
- Medication monitoring or set-up
- Assist with doctor’s appointments
- House keeping
- Trips to local attractions
- Recreational activities
- crafts, wii games, bingo, knitting or crocheting, music/movie hours, group exercise, pools, pet therapy
- Pharmacy (run when family is unable)
- Wireless internet access
- Comfortable environment for visitors
- Complimentary lunch with tours